Last Updated: October 21, 2022
- WHAT IS A COOKIE
A cookie is a small file containing letters and numbers that is stored on a user’s device. From this we can, for example, recognize whether there has already been a connection between your device and the Website. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device and then later read from your device. Some of these cookies are set directly by us (known as “first-party cookies”) and some are set by third parties (“third-party cookies”), as indicated below.
- TYPE OF COOKIES USED
We categorize cookies as follows:
- Necessary cookies (Type 1). These cookies are absolutely necessary for the function of the web pages. For example, if you make a choice that you do not want to accept cookies from our website, we actually need to set a cookie so that the website will “remember” your choice if you come back to it later; the only way to completely avoid this, is to not visit our website, or any website.
- Preference cookies (Type 2). These cookies facilitate the operation and improve the functions of the web pages but are not necessarily essential.
- Statistics cookies (Type 3). Statistic cookies are also known as analytical cookies. These cookies collect information about how anonymously you use the Website and help us measure the performance of the Website. This enables us to identify which parts of our Website are particularly popular and thus, potentially improve the content and layout of the Website.
- Marketing cookies (Type 4). They enable us to review or monitor your behavior on the website. The aim is to display advertisements that are meaningful and attractive to you and, therefore, more useful to you and to third-party publishers and advertisers, as well as to make promotional and specific information available to you on the website. Some of these cookies are set by third parties, e.g., social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, whose content you can integrate via “social plug-ins” offered on the Website.
The cookie listing below includes all relevant cookies and does not necessarily reflect the cookies selection that you have made.
- YOUR CHOICES ON COOKIES
You may visit the Website without consenting to the use of most cookies. You can also refuse such use and delete cookies at any time by making the appropriate settings on your device. This is done as follows:
- 3.1 Most browsers are pre-set to automatically accept cookies. You can change this setting by activating the setting *do not accept cookies* in your browser:
- 3.2 You can delete existing cookies at any time. You can find out how this works in detail in the instructions of your browser, possibly of your device manufacturer, or allaboutcookies.org.
- 3.3 Due to the way that cookies work, you must reject or delete the cookies separately for each of your devices and, if you use several browsers, also for each browser.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about AVROBIO’s website Cookies Notice or you may contact us as follows:
Mail: Attn: Compliance Officer
100 Technology Square
Cambridge, MA 02139
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Boulevard Initialis 7/3
Tel: +32 (0)65 55 41 20