The Senior Scientist will provide support to a scientific team working on gene therapy developing state-of-the-art therapies for the treatment of rare inherited diseases including animal experimentation. Involved in designing experiments, driven to support assay development.
- Involved in designing experiments, driven to support assay development.
- Communicate across different groups, participate actively in team settings, will assist in the decision-making processes for the studies.
- Has to be an active participant in the group meetings, and presents data concisely.
- The candidate has to keep track of current literature in the field.
- Has to keep a good record with CROs
- Track budget
- Publish scientific data.
- Requires a PhD in molecular or cell biology or gene therapy field with a minimum of five years+ of related industry experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with techniques including qPCR, Western blotting, ELISAs, molecular
cloning, lentiviral vectors, and hematopoietic stem cell culture is preferred.
- Previous experience performing (mouse) experiments required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability working successfully in team environment.
- Documentation of all work required.
To apply, email your resume to: email@example.com
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.