As a Research Associate, you will perform experimental laboratory work in the field of gene therapy, gene editing screening, hematopoietic stem cell biology, and genetics. Work under the general supervision of a Scientist/Senior Scientist. The technician will be involved in research in the field of ex vivo lentiviral vector gene transfer into hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells with a mission of curing lysosomal storage disorders and rare diseases in one dose. You will assist in all aspects of research to test gene therapy vectors for functionality.
- Perform laboratory assays including biochemical assays, cellular staining and flow cytometry analysis, Luminex assays, ELISAs, protein/nucleic acids isolation/quantification, gene expression assays (Taqman PCR), and cell culture.
- Troubleshoot, optimize assays, and support transfer to CROs.
- Identify unusual findings and report such findings to supervisor
- Work according to laboratory standards.
- Provide required documentation to record methodologies and test results for your work.
- Maintain equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly manner
- Use your organizational skills to balance project demands.
- BS/MS degree with minimum 4+ year laboratory experience required
- Familiarity with molecular and cellular biology techniques are required.
- Experience with transfections, viral transductions, CRISPR/Cas9 and hematopoietic stem cells is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience in the selection, culture, and analysis of human hematopoietic stem/progenitor and immune cells by multicolor flow cytometry is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills are required to work collaboratively with other team members in order to achieve goals and company timelines.
- Must demonstrate careful attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain a neat and orderly working environment.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies.
To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.