The Director will oversee all IT (Information Technology) functions according to established goals. In this role, the candidate will take ownership of projects from a solutions delivery perspective, work closely with the business sponsors and IT vendors.
The candidate needs to have a strong background in the following areas: Business Relationship Manager; Project Manager and a broad knowledge of current technology. In addition, the ability to successfully deliver projects on time, on budget with external partners is critical.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and procedures to support business processes and have extensive knowledge of the biotech/Pharma industry.
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by the leadership team
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
- Ability to recognize and select the right technology to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems
- Coordinate with all IT service organizations to provide guidance
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role
- 8-12 Years of relevant experience
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Deep knowledge of information systems, architecture, technologies
and procedures and best-practices in biotech/Pharma processes
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering field required; Master’s degree preferred
To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.