Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CHRO will play a crucial role in building the human capital and talent development strategies the organization needs in order to achieve its goals. This HR Leader will be a visionary and pragmatic leader, providing leadership, coaching and guidance to management teams by planning, development and implementing Human Resources programs and projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
The successful candidate will serve as a trusted advisor, coach and colleague to the executive leadership team. The successful candidate will be a proactive partner and collaborator, stimulating and supporting senior executives in their ability to effectively recruit, deploy, grow and lead talent throughout the organization. Additionally, a key role of this position will be to advise leadership on compensation and benefit plans, their relationship to competitive practice and appropriate administration and governance.
The CHRO will provide leadership, vision, development, and overall management of all HR activities and staff, the organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, learning and talent development efforts and reinforcing the organization’s culture, values, and mission through the design and delivery of exceptional programs and services. These programs and services should facilitate the professional development and continuous learning of the entire AVROBIO team, including executives, managers and emerging leaders and individual contributors. Across the organization, this HR professional will ensure consistency of practice, in having the right people, and in doing the right things for the right reasons.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader, focusing the human resource function to attract, motivate, and retain the most qualified talent available and provide optimal service internally. He/she will act as a catalyst and motivator for the continued development of a strong, open, community-centric culture. The CHRO will advise executive leadership in the development of long-range goals and initiatives as well as reprioritizing existing resources to support strategic initiatives; and accurately and clearly communicate performance expectations, opportunities, and issues to support the business lines.
- Advisor to CEO & Leadership Team: Provide strategic thinking on people selection, organizational effectiveness, performance management, talent development and change management. Engages with the leadership team to support the organization’s mission, vision, values, goals, and key metrics with short and long range Human Resources plans, strategies, and policies; understands the organization’s strategic business goals and uses this information to develop the appropriate HR strategy and tactics, including training and development programs that support and are completely aligned with these goals.
- Human Capital Plan: Create an HR strategic plan that aligns with the organizational transformation from an early-stage company to a rapid-growth, product-focused, commercial organization, maintaining high talent, engagement, performance and culture standards.
- Culture Development: Develop practices that foster high levels of personal accountability in an engaged & high-performing workforce and a workforce that lives the values of the organization.
- Learning & Development: Establish the learning strategy and oversee training and development curricula to ensure program goals align with the mission and vision for the organization.
- Talent Acquisition: Develop a compelling employment brand and recruitment process for attracting, hiring and retaining top-tier, high-capacity talent.
- Talent Review & Management: Create a talent review process that engages all leaders at every level in assessing and developing talent.
- Performance Management: Implement a performance management program that emphasizes performance, collaboration and integrity, as well as the organization’s values, and incorporates clearly defined structures that empower employees to manage their own development and career trajectory.
- Develop and Coach HR Team: Build internal consulting competencies to ensure that the HR team is recognized as a credible team of business partners, culture & change stewards, capable talent managers, organizational consultants, strategic thinkers, impactful coach and responsive solution providers. Ensure appropriate skill sets are in place to accomplish desired objectives and implement an action plan to develop or acquire these competencies.
- Compensation Strategy: Create a compensation philosophy and structure that attracts, motivates and retains talented staff. Assess market competitiveness. Design and develop support for strategies to maintain and enhance competitive position. Ensure compensation plans for both immediate and long term are aligned with the strategic plan and direction the organization is going.
- Stay Current: Proactively seeks knowledge expertise in the HR field, as well as stays abreast of general business trends and practices.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/Minimum QUALIFICATIONS
The CHRO must be a strategic leader with a strong business acumen, proven experience in organizational development including enhancing leadership competencies, training and change management. This leader must have the passion, energy and intellectual curiosity required for a growth-driven environment with an ability to develop collaborative teams and relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Best-in-class HR practices experience gained from a company recognized for excellence in the human resources function.
- Senior HR leader with expertise in talent review, talent management, change management and developing high performance work cultures.
- Experience in developing competitive compensation plans and structure. Specific emphasis on developing short- and long-term incentive plans aligned with the company’s strategic focus and objectives.
- Established track record of driving, delivering and measuring results by way of establishing key HR performance indicators.
- Ability and desire to do the day to day work in addition to setting the strategic direction of the HR function.
- Experience managing employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Prior experience leading HR or divisional HR executive.
A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. An MBA or related master’s degree and SPHR certification is preferred but not required. A combination of education and professional experience will be considered.
To apply, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AVROBIO, Inc is an EEO employer
AVROBIO, Inc., a leader in lentiviral-based gene therapies, is a clinical-stage company developing disruptive therapies that have the potential to transform patients’ lives with a single dose. The Company is focused on the development of its gene therapy candidate, AVR‑RD‑01, in Fabry disease, as well as additional gene therapy programs in other lysosomal storage disorders including Gaucher disease, Cystinosis and Pompe disease. AVROBIO’s lentiviral platform has broad potential for other rare and non-rare genetic diseases. AVROBIO is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has offices in Toronto, ON.